Thursday, May 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We finally made it home! Three weeks is just way too long for me to be away from Court. I haven't been able to stop looking at him and touching him. He's really real. The one positive is that I get to fall in love with him again. His handsome face...his smile...his yummy smell. I'm glad to be home. Meredith was a perfect angel for the flight home...what a difference from the flight out. She fell asleep right before take off and slept for most of the flight. I only had to keep her entertained for the last 50 minutes or so, which wasn't too bad since the seat next to me was empty. So she got to sit in her own seat and eat cheerios, read books, listen to her favorite songs on my cell phone and look out the window at the puffy clouds. Once we touched down, I could hardly wait to get to the baggage claim and find Court. As soon as I saw him I started crying...what a baby! Meredith was a little unsure at first. She did her little sheepish hand wave and then looked at me for reassurance. Poor baby...she'd been inundated with new faces for 3 weeks and it took her a minute to figure out that this was really daddy. Once she did figure it out, she gave him hugs and kisses and was happy to see him. I was glad I got to go out to Vegas and Utah to see family and some friends. I tried to see all I could...unfortunately, Meredith and I got pretty sick and spent at least half the trip laying around John and Jodi's with snot oozing from our eyes and nose and lungs. So, if we didn't get to see you while we were out...I'm so sorry! We'll definitely see you next time! Love to all!

3 comments:

Kari McCallon said...

Glad you made it home safely! Enjoy it for me!

Kristyn Crow said...

Janelle, it was so wonderful to see you and Meredith. I'm so glad you made the trip, even though it was quite a hassle. I will never forget Meredith sitting on my lap, cuddling me and staring at my face. I think she must have seen a resemblance to mommy. Court must have been a happy man to have his ladies home!

Jessica said...

Janelle!!!!

This is Jessica Moon from our old working days at KBYU!!! I can't believe I fell upon your blog!! Througha friend of a friend of a friend!!! Email me sometime!! I have a blog too. jessmoon19@hotmail.com
Did you move? I just saw your post. E-mail me!! Hope you are feeling better. Your little girl is a doll and she has gotten so big! Hope to hear from you soon.