Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Sick and the Restless

Sorry I haven't posted for the last couple of days. Meredith and I are still in Utah. It rained yesterday and today and Meredith and I have had the crud. I've been lying on the couch pretty much all day because I feel so horrid. Coughing up green stuff and blowing my nose non-stop is not my idea of a fun vacation. But I guess this trip was never meant to be a vacation. I am supposed to be in Vegas helping my sister with her new baby. But circumstances have me and Meredith at my brother's house in Spanish Fork, Utah trying to get over our colds before we head back to Texas. Of course we still have the 6 hour drive back to Vegas ahead of us so we can turn in the rental car. And then another 3 hour flight to endure. I'm not looking forward to it...I hope Meredith is a lot better on the flight home than she was on the flight out! I mostly hope she is not sick for the flight...then I'll really get nasty stares for having a naughty AND sick child on the plane. So everyone say your prayers that Meredith and I get better before then. Let's hope this is not a lingering sickness. Anyway... I don't have any fun pictures to post. Yesterday we met up for lunch with a bunch of my former coworkers and had lunch. That was fun...but I forgot to get my camera out and take some pictures. I also went and did my annual eye exam so I can order some new contacts, since I'm almost out. Then last night we hung out at John's house and watched American Idol. I thought I didn't really care who won, but when it wasn't David Archuleta I found myself feeling a little disappointed. But David Cook was good too. I just hope Archuleta didn't get a whippin' from his daddy for not being the winner! I've heard his dad can be a bit overbearing that way. Anywhoo...I think I'll go give Meredith some dinner and then lay down again...I'm hoping and praying that I'll feel much better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kari McCallon said...

Janelle, Meredith is NEVER naughty!!! ;)