Friday, May 9, 2008

A Princess and Her Cheerios

After Michele got checked into the hospital, the nurses asked her about her birth plan. She didn't really have one, but wondered if she did, could she put stuff in it like make her husband wear a hospital gown too, since she had to wear one? I guess that didn't fly, because when I got there, Mike wasn't in a gown. The nurses joked that she should put in there that she wanted to wear a crown and be queen... which gave Michele the idea that she needed to get a tiara to wear. She called me, and I picked one up at Target. It came with a necklace, clip-on earrings and a ring. It was awesome. She had to have a C section and the Dr let her wear her tiara and the necklace, ring and earrings into the operating room and for the duration of the delivery. I bet she was the first woman to wear a tiara while giving birth in that hospital! It was hilarious! Later that evening I brought Mike's boys to the hospital to see their new brother. Meredith thought the tiara was pretty cool, but wasn't too thrilled to wear it herself. It took some doing, but I managed to get a couple of pictures.



Earlier in the day, while we waited for her cousins to get home from school, Meredith snacked on Cheerios and listened to her favorite tune... the theme to the TV Show "Different Strokes." It comes on T.V. on BET every morning at 8:00 and I will often put it on while I feed Meredith breakfast. Weird, I know, but I just like to watch that show. Takes me back to the good old '80s I guess. Usually, when I play it for her, she will stop what she's doing and look over to the T.V. Today she didn't do that, she just danced and ate her Cheerios.


No comments: