Saturday, September 27, 2008

Forest Festival Fun!

Today we took Meredith to the Texas Forest Festival. She got to ride on the carousel and the Ferris wheel, pet a few goats (which she absolutely loved!), taste her first funnel cake (which she didn't like), and see a real zebra up close. Court won her a stuffed Elmo, which she immediately hugged tight and said... "Ooohhh...Melmo!" I got bamboozled by a carnie...seriously, I'm an idiot! It was at the "Throw-a-dart-and-pop-a-balloon" booth. She said it was so easy and she'd let me have the prize even if I missed. So I threw the darts and got all 3 balloons. Then she said "Ok, five more and you get that frog right there." It was a cute stuffed frog I thought Meredith would like...so I threw five more darts. No, she meant five more DOLLARS for THREE more darts. But I threw five more darts.... So we ended up spending 10 bucks to win the lame stuffed frog. Ugh! Court spent $2 to win the Elmo. I'm such a dork. Oh well, Meredith liked the frog...for a minute anyway...then she kept dangling it over the edge of her stroller like she was going to drop it on the ground and looking up at me and Court to see what we'd say. We finally had to take it away and put it in the stroller basket so it wouldn't get dropped. For dinner we got a smoked turkey leg, which was delicious. Of course, Meredith ate 5 times more than I did. That girl can put away some turkey! Anyway...we had a lot of fun. Here's some pictures...







Here's some video of Meredith on the Ferris Wheel. When the ride started she kept saying, "Whee!" It was so cute, I wanted to get it on video. Of course, as soon as I started recording, she wouldn't say "Whee!" anymore. As soon as I stopped recording, she started saying it again. Such a stinker!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

looks like you guys had a blast! Super cute pictures. Oh and you shouldn't let them get to you like that hahah! The things we do for our kids

Matt said...

Court, when do I get my stuffed Elmo? I like the picture of her in the stroller with the frog, Elmo, and the balloon =)

Betty said...

What a cool place! Is that In Lufkin? Are ya'll enjoying your new house? By the way, you've been tagged! (this is Sarah's mom)

JJB said...

Yall...I can't believe how big Miss Meredith is now. I feel like it has been forever since I have seen her.. i am in TX for the weekend, and went and saw your family..and it was odd not to have yall there. I hope all is well! Please give Meredity a hug and a squeeze for me..Love yall! Jan