Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Like Ike

Actually, no, I don't. I think earthquakes are much easier to deal with because they hit without warning and are over in a few seconds and then you can deal with the aftermath. I hate this watching and not knowing. As I sit here watching the Hurricane Ike coverage, it occurs to me that any number of things could happen...tornados...power outage...so, I figured I should do one more post before Ike hits...because after ike strikes (I'm a poet!)...who knows how long it will be before I can post again? Hopefully, we'll make it with little damage...but based on the reports on the Weather Channel, it'll take some serious luck. So, pray for us. For the first time, I'm actually feeling a bit afraid...I've never sat through a hurricane. What if the roof gets torn off? What if a tree falls on me? Or worse, what if something happens to Meredith or Court? I couldn't bear that. We're far enough inland, that I would think we'd be okay...I mean we'll get some wind, but surely not hurricane strength. But then, what do I know? Court says he's not worried. I'm worried enough for the both of us, I guess. So, wish us luck. And, if, by some crazy fluke, we don't make it through...always remember I love ALL of you! (I'm a poet - AGAIN!) ;) I'll try to get some video of the storm to post on here whenever I am able to post again. Love from the Fruges!

3 comments:

Julie said...

You moved down there WHY??? I'm sure you're questioning that right now too! We're sending our love and best prayers and thoughts for you. My neice, Rebecca, is in Pasadena so we're watching the news and keeping up-to-date on it all. Hope you get through without damage!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Fruge said...

Hurricanes aren't that bad... JUST KIDDING!! I asked Kev last night when we can move. I'm done with all this hurricane stuff. Is there anywhere in the world that is completely safe from everything cause I want to move there!! :) You can come with me! I might see you in a couple days because we can't go back home... LATER!

Allison said...

I agree! Earthquakes are better. Not that they can't do any damage but you don't know about them, they shake, and then they're gone. With hurricanes and tornados you sit around watching on TV, waiting, hoping, worrying, wondering, and then...they hit...or don't hit.. Either way, I like my California earthquakes better (for now). We keep getting warnings from the GA's to up our food supply so I wonder if the quakes are going to get bigger SOON! :) I'm glad that all the Fruge's are fine!