Monday, September 22, 2008

An Itsy Bitsy, Teenie Weenie Thing They Call Love Bugs


These dang bugs are EVERYWHERE in Texas! Ugh...I keep finding them in my car, my house, on my clothes...I even found a pair frozen in the freezer! And today, Meredith was holding a dead set in her hand! Ugh! What if she had put that in her mouth?! ICK! For those of you that don't know...these are called Love Bugs. They fly around attached at the rear like this, which means they are always flying low and slow and getting into your hair, eyes, etc. Court and I were joking that their little bug intercourse must be really good because they won't even move out of the way before getting squashed. They just sit there, crawl around slowly, or fly low and slow. If anyone had told me there'd be bugs like this in Texas, I may have had a second thought about moving here. They are so annoying! Their dead carcasses are embedded in the front end of my car - the car wash couldn't get them out! Even after a hurricane, they are still all over the place! I'm told they will go away "soon"... in the meantime, they are making me CRAZY!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Gross! I hate bugs. Glad you guys are all ok.

Sarah Fruge said...

I HATE love bugs!! They are probably the #1 reason I would like to get away from here. If you get a Bounce fabric sheet and get it wet it gets love bugs off your car. Just use it like a wash cloth! As soon as the weather gets colder they will go away. Of course there is no telling when that will be here in Texas. :( Talk to you later! The picture of Meredith after the cupcake is precious.