Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun

Here's some pictures of Thanksgiving Day at the Fruge house. We had lots of fun eating and working on a puzzle and playing with the kiddos...


Court decided to smoke a turkey this year. It looked so pretty, I had to take a picture! I've never seen such a perfect looking turkey. And it tasted delicious!



Court carves his perfect turkey.


Court's Dad, sister Caryn and a family friend work
on the Thanksgiving Puzzle.
We later found several of the pieces strewn across the hallway, and one of the smaller children was sucking on a piece. So, the puzzle didn't make it. I think we may still try to put it together to see what pieces are there. Maybe when Aunt Squirt comes home for Christmas, since she's a puzzle expert!


Doesn't Meredith look thrilled for her first Thanksgiving? I think she was bummed out that she wasn't going to get to eat any of the turkey. Although Daddy did give her a taste of mashed potatoes and of his banana pudding. She made a funny face at first, but she seemed to like it.


Meredith sat in her Bumbo chair and
watched movies with her cousins. She had lots of fun.


Aunt Kim and soon-to-be-Uncle Adam (they got engaged on Friday night! CONGRATS!!) gave out snacks to help tide the kids over until dinner was ready.


Got potatoes? Believe it or not, most of these got eaten.
I don't know that I have ever seen such a mountain of potatoes!


We were thankful for the FOOD! ;)


Court, his Uncle Andy, Court's mom, and Court's grandmother inspect the table to make sure nothing was missed.


Court's brother Kevin, Kevin's wife Sarah and their darling little girl Claire joined in on the festivities. Sarah made an Orange Dreamsicle cake that was to die for! It was soooo good!

3 comments:

Kari McCallon said...

Don't you worry I'll be home before you know it to finish that puzzle. haha. Thanks Janelle, I do what I can.

stephanie said...

so i saw that your husband smoked your turkey & i couldn't believe it - that's what doug has been doing for the last 4 years. did he do it on the bbq? when doug came home 4 years ago and told me he was going to cook the turkey on the bbq, it thought - you're kidding me right? no you're not. but, he did & it turned out amazing & the smoked flavor is incredible. now it's a tradition!

Janelle said...

Hi Stephanie! Actually, my husband started doing competitive bbq-ing a couple years ago, so he has several different smokers he uses. It took him 9 hours to smoke this turkey! LOL! Yes, my husband is a bbq geek! If you guys ever do come to Texas, I know he'd be happy to bbq some ribs or brisket or whatever for you! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!