Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Just wanted to wish all my family and friends a very happy Thanksgiving! Hopefully everyone was able to have an enjoyable day. Here in Texas, we had a huge feast with all kinds of family. It was a lot of fun!

I was in a bit of a funk though...I guess I just missed my family. At one point I was holding Meredith and she got this great big grin on her face and started "talking" in the way she does. I looked over my shoulder to see what she was looking at, and was surprised to see a picture of the Savior. I figure she must remember Him and was happy to see Him. It actually gave me the chills. I told her to tell Jesus that mommy says hi. That got me thinking about my own mom and how much I miss her. I remembered that first Thanksgiving after she passed away. We were all at Dad's house in Claremont and had just said the blessing on the food. Then, all of a sudden, a breeze kicked up and we could hear the sounds of my mom's favorite wind chime floating in. I remember getting all teared up at the sound...like mom was letting us know that she was still with us. Man, I miss her.

Fast forward 13 years and here I am, living in Texas, happily married with my own darling daughter. Dad's recently retired, and the Claremont house has been sold. All the Riley kids are married now, and we are all spread throughout the west. Tiffany and Rob are expecting their 4th child, Mike and Teresa are expecting their 3rd, and Michele and Mike are anxiously awaiting their first. Kristyn's first children's book will be in stores in March... How time flies...and how life changes! There is much to be thankful for!

I'm thankful for my husband. He is the best man I know and my perfect match.

I'm thankful for Meredith. When she looks at me and smiles, my heart melts!

I'm thankful for my family. Their love and support is what gets me through!

I'm thankful for my parents. They have always loved and supported me.

I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It fills my life with great joy.

I'm thankful for good friends. Where would I be in this life without all those great people?

I'm thankful for my health. I hope I never lose it!

I'm thankful for my new bed. I've recently learned just how precious a good night's sleep is. ;)

I'm thankful for my computer. It lets me stay in touch with the people I care about the most.

I'm thankful for so many things. I've been truly blessed!

2 comments:

Matt and kim Cloward said...

I can share in your thankfulness for family, friends, a great husband, and the gospel. Where would we be without those precious gifts God has given us

Anonymous said...

Janelle,
I certainly can understand the missing family part of your post. You have such great perspective and insight. Glad you are in our neck of the woods...hopefully you will be a little closer this way to us! Happy Turkey Day!