Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas and Beyond

I've been a bit lazy as of late, but I finally have pulled my Christmas pictures and videos from my camera so I can post them here. We had a nice, and uneventful Christmas. It was just the 3 of us, which was kinda strange...I'm used to having lots of family around. But it was fun to watch Meredith open and play with her presents. It was a good day. She got her little kitchen set, some books and coloring books, some stuffed animals, a new outfit, and a potty chair. She also got the movie "Elmo in Grouchland" which we've watched a million times already. She loves Elmo.

This is some video of Meredith seeing her Christmas Presents for the first time:



Here's some pictures of Christmas Morning:









Meredith got a potty chair for Christmas. She hasn't been too interested in it. I've sat her on it a few times and when I do she cries and says, "No! I don't want it!" So, I'm not expecting she'll be potty trained any time too soon, but we still have it out and talk about it and she looks at it when she's getting ready to take a bath. I read on the 'net somewhere that you could help your child get ready for potty training by letting him/her decorate the potty chair with stickers and letting him/her sit on it and play with it in his/her bedroom. Earlier today she mentioned the potty chair, so I brought it out of the bathroom and for the first time she gladly walked over on her own and sat on it. Court and I lavished her with praise, which she loved. Then she decided to sit Elmo on it. So we praised Elmo too. It was funny. She was so excited about it. So, I hope she's finally warming up to the potty chair.

Opening the Potty Chair on Christmas.


Finally warming up to the potty chair.



Helping Elmo go potty.

2 comments:

Matt and kim Cloward said...

she will do it soon. It takes some kids a lot longer than others.

Jodi said...

Too cute. I had to buy one that sang to Anni when she went... the things they come out with these days, but she was potty trained before 2 so I was glad.