Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Trip to the Zoo

Last week Court, Meredith and I drove up to Lufkin and visited with Court's sister Caryn and her family. There is a small zoo nearby, so on Monday, we took the kids to see the animals. Meredith hasn't been to the zoo since she was about 3 months old...and she really didn't care all that much about the zoo back then. We've been working with her on animal sounds...so I was excited to show her some of the animals we had looked at in pictures. She didn't act all that excited, but she did stare in mesmerized curiosity at some of the animals. So, I know she saw some things she thought were interesting. They also have this cute little train which we got to ride on. Meredith seemed to enjoy the train. Here's a few pictures of the day...


There were quite a few baby animals at the zoo, especially the peacocks...
lots of baby peacocks following their mothers around.


The Flamingoes were nesting. So we didn't see any babies,
but we did see lots of flamingo mommies sitting on their eggs.

A flamingo egg...and the mom's feet. Most of them were sitting on their eggs,
but this mom stood up for us so we could see her developing baby.

It's hard to tell from this picture, but this is actually a young giraffe.
I'm not sure how old it is.

We also spotted these young Monkeys of the McCabe genus...
they were so cute, I had to snap a picture! ;)

And here's my little monkey posing with her cousin Taylor!

The two loves of my life.
Aren't they so cute?!?!

The Fruge Family.

All aboard the choo choo train!

Meredith crashed within minutes of getting into the car.

This is totally random, but later in the day we bought a watermelon. When we cut into it we were surprised to see yellow! I didn't know there was such a thing as a yellow watermelon! At first I thought maybe it was just an unripe watermelon or something, but a quick visit to google told me otherwise. This watermelon was actually quite tasty.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm glad to know your blog address. I love the picture of Meredith sleeping in the car seat with her face resting on her hand. So cute!

kate said...

Hey Court, it's Kate--from Utah! I found your blog address on Kirsten's. You have a cute family, Meredith is adorable!