Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fun Facts

Here's some fun facts about little Meredith:

She loves to look at books. Of all the toys she has, she spends the most time looking through books.

She hates fruits and vegetables. She will eat applesauce, but that's it. Today she actually tried a strawberry and appeared to like it, but ultimately she just squished it between her fingers and then dropped the remnants on the floor.

She appears to be left handed. I don't know at what age a child's handedness is determined, but as of right now, she does most things with her left hand. Court's a lefty too, so he's very excited about this and hopes she will be a left-handed pitcher one day.

She loves to look at herself. She always wants to look at pictures and videos of herself and she will laugh hysterically at them. I guess she has a good self-image at this point. Of course, it gets old for the rest of us. I'm hoping this is just a phase she will grow out of.

She will only drink water and chocolate milk. She did drink some 7up the other day and seemed to like it, but anything else I've offered her she's taken one sip and then refused to drink any more. But she drinks water like it's going out of style. I guess that's a good habit to get into from a young age.

Meredith loves chicken. In any form. She eats chicken nuggets, chicken parmigiana, grilled chicken, chicken lunch meat, chicken noodle soup, etc. She's starting to warm up to beef (Cow, as court calls it), and will sometimes eat ham. She does like fish sticks too, but I'm not sure if she can tell the difference between a chicken nugget and a fish stick since I cut them both up into little bite size pieces before I give them to her. She also likes pb&j sandwiches, ravioli, mac&cheese, oatmeal, and cheerios.

Meredith loves bread. She must get this from me. She devours toast. It's her favorite.

Meredith loves other children. We try to take her to the mall playground a few times a week because she just loves to crawl around and watch the other children. She also likes to get into the thick of things and seems to be very sociable. She will squeal and follow other kids around until they take notice and start playing with her.

Meredith doesn't walk yet, but she's getting close. She is to the point where she'll get brave and let go of whatever she is holding on to for a few seconds. And she'll walk if someone is holding her hand(s).

Meredith appears to be a morning person...or at least she is always awake and ready for playtime at 5:30 to 6:00 in the morning. I am NOT a morning person, so this has been very challenging for me. Most of the time I will bring my pillow into her room and lay on the floor and doze in and out while she crawls around and plays. Every so often she will crawl over to me and either smack my face or give me a love to make sure I'm awake and paying attention.

Meredith loves her daddy. She is a total daddy's girl. She says "da da" and "daddy" all the time, but still won't say "ma ma." Ugh!

Meredith loves to talk. Of course, we have no idea what she is saying, but she jibber jabbers all the time.

Meredith loves to be on the move. When we take her to the store, she'll get so upset when the cart stops moving. I'm trying to get something off the shelf, and she's screaming because she's not moving. When Court is with us, he'll just keep going so she won't get upset. The result is that I spend the next twenty minutes wandering the aisles with a handful of stuff, trying to find the cart.

Meredith loves TV Theme songs...her favorites are "Different Strokes", "Reba", "Little Einsteins", "Hot Dog" (From Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), "My Friends Tigger and Pooh"

Meredith can tell you what a cat, chicken and lion say (see the video below) and she can say the words "Daddy", "Baby", and "Pooh" (referring to Winnie the Pooh).

She also is in the process of cutting 4 new teeth on top (for a total of 6) and 2 on the bottom (for a total of 4)...which makes for a lot of whining and runny noses. (If only I could substitute snot for gasoline!) And she chews on everything.







2 comments:

Kari McCallon said...

Thanks for the plug about me in the video. I appreciated that. She is too big. I can't wait to see her next month!!!!

Jessica said...

She seems like a doll. I LOVE her hair up in the pig tails with the pink bows so cute!