Friday, February 29, 2008

Vomit Comet

Ugh... Last night I put Meredith in her bed and sat down at my computer to check my email. Meredith fussed a bit, which she normally does, and I kept telling her "You're okay. You need to go to sleep." Suddenly I heard a strange coughing noise, so I jumped up and went to her bed and was greeted with this big, huge vomit-covered smile! Meredith had vomited all over herself and her bed and and it was running down the side of her crib onto the floor! Oh, so gross! Yet she had a huge grin on her face. So I called to Court to come help me and set about cleaning up. I've not seen so much vomit. She was covered head to toe, so Court gave her a bath while I started removing her sheet, crib bumper, bed skirt, blankets...everything. My mother-in-law came in the room and saw the vomit and started helping me clean it from the floor. After about 20 minutes we had it mostly cleaned up and all the vomit covered pajamas, blankets, etc in the wash. I filled a bottle with a little bit of water and gave Meredith 2 or 3 sips to rinse the vomit smell out of her mouth. A few moments later, she threw up again! Fortunately I was standing in the hall way where there is laminate flooring, so I just leaned forward and let her throw up on the floor. We cleaned that up, changed her jammies again and I made the mistake of laying her in my bed for a moment while I put some towels in her travel crib. Just as I finished, Meredith threw up again...in my bed! Ugh! What an ordeal...so, while my sister-in-law held Meredith in the hallway in case she had to throw up again, I stripped our bed and put clean sheets back on it. Poor Meredith. She never had a fever or anything, so I guess something just upset her tummy. We gave her some pedialyte this morning and she has kept it down and seems to be her normal happy self. So, we'll take it easy today and hopefully there won't be any more vomit! Ugh! What a crazy week! So here's what her bedroom looks like right now...I get to spend this morning putting it all back together.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Claire threw up 2 yesterday also. Weird! I hope she feels better. Claire is doing better this morning.

Matt and kim Cloward said...

Poor girl. I hope she is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Oh Janelle....Between all your little ones (Caryns, and Meredith, and it looks like Claire too) hopefully the close of this week will bring healthy babies for Kims special day! Happy reassembly of her room!